You are looking for a Learning Management System because your company is growing and facing digital disruption which means you need to find an efficient way to onboard, skill and upskill your workforce.
You need to adapt your employees' training to the new reality of the hybrid working environment and the difficulty of retaining human resources. After performing your needs analysis and comparing different Learning Management Systems, you come up with the LMS platform that has the most desired components from your checklist of features that would best suit your needs and your wants. Before you go any further, ask yourself if you have left enough space on your list for compatibility and adaptability to your environment. Have you taken into consideration how easy (or laborious) the integration of a new LMS can be?
When implementing a new system, the first rule of change management is that you must consider how it will affect the life of the people who will use it on a daily basis. A Learning Management System is no different except that you must make sure the tool you are selecting to train your employees will not create more headaches for the users at all levels i.e.: the system administrators and the trainers as well as the learners and their managers. Keep in mind that your employees are your best assets and you have to offer them the solution that can best adapt to their daily workflow.
Integration For Your System Administrators
Integration is a secure way of supplying the right information to the right person, at the right time, by connecting different tools and technologies that need to talk and understand each other. In today’s world, one cannot survive without integration, and we may add, one cannot survive without a single and integrated learning ecosystem. Moreover, for your LMS administrators, seamless integration is crucial because they need to know that a team of specialists will help them set up and test the system in their environment, and make sure they will also train them to use the tool.
System Administrators must also be able to configure and personalize their LMS to make sure it is tailored to their needs. Here are a few features that they may be looking for:
- Automated alerts, for example, enhance compliance in a context where employees require certification and must be notified when a new course is Easy tracking and employee management is also important for managers and Human Resources to keep track of their employees' development and learning path.
- Personalized Reports that present analytical data and are available to all levels of users are also a desirable feature for system administrators.
- Groups and Users Management is a feature that allows system administrators to tailor the system to their business model. It facilitates the registration and approval process all the way to issuing certificates and diplomas to employees.
Adaptability For Your Trainers
Adaptability means adjusting to different conditions or circumstances. We all agree that trainers have spent the last two years quickly adapting to changing environments and forever evolving training technologies. An LMS that can provide a complete training content management will certainly ease the process of adapting to a new system for your trainers.
They may be looking for:
- Training Tools Management: You must look for a learning platform where trainers can manage their templates, lessons, assignments, surveys, quizzes, forums and other resources. SCORM is also a desirable feature to transform any material your trainers have into SCORM-compliant courses they can upload into your learning platform.
- Multiple Training Coverage: You must make sure that the LMS you purchase allows for multiple training covering such as virtual classrooms, hybrid and in-person training, and tracking live activities participation. You may also need a tool that will allow you to train your business partners and customers.
- Innovative Technologies: such as AI (artificial intelligence) and VR (virtual reality) through a Cloud platform will enhance both your trainer's and your employee's
Compatibility For Your Learners
Compatibility means the quality of being easily adapted and offering many different options. If your e-learning platform is compatible with your company’s technological environment, then the integration becomes seamless for your employees. It will give them more flexibility and simplicity and increase their engagement towards your company’s vision, values and goals.
SSO: Users don’t have to leave their system to log into their learning platform. It will make their life (and the System Administrator’s life) much easier.
Personalized experience: A single e-learning platform allows for a centralized source of knowledge to present content that is relevant to all users. Learners can manage their registration process. Managers can administer prerequisites, registration requests and approval processes. Human Resources can manage compliance and employees’ learning paths and obligations. All this, through a customizable dashboard.
How can Captivo Satisfy All Your Needs and Wants?
Within a secure and dedicated infrastructure based on Microsoft Azure, Captivo can offer a flexible architecture that will grow with your company. In fact, the scalable aspect of our platform is undoubtedly our strength as we are able to adapt your learning management solutions with the growth objectives and learning challenges you may have to face in the future.
The Captivo cloud platform can help you solve some of the challenges you may be facing with integrating existing applications. Our goal is to offer the capability of integrating with external course content (SCORM), using the Microsoft 365 environment with Microsoft Teams to help manage your user experience through a bilingual application that offers Auto-assessment, virtual, hybrid and in-class training as well as AI and VR.
With Captivo, you will get a dedicated team of specialists that will create a staging environment in Azure, assist the system administrator when importing employee data, configure SSO if this is what you want, and then show your system administrator how to set up and tailor your LMS.
In other words, when you acquire Captivo, you are not just integrating a new Learning Management System, you’re integrating a new family. We will work hand in hand with you to analyze your goals, collaborate with you for the integration and the implementation, and make sure that we continue to collaborate through your progress and transformation.
Written in collaboration with:
Instructional Designer and Training Specialist.